Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to pass User ID and password using Interface tools to the Dynamic Input tool

Vaib
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have a workflow in which I have Dynamic Input tools which queries data from multiple Teradata tables. How can I update the User ID and password using Interface tools from the Input Data Source Template in the Dynamic Input Tool. I can update the User ID and password manually, however I want to convert the workflow to an app so that the User gets a pop up to enter User ID and password

2 REPLIES 2
Robin_McIntosh
11 - Bolide

Try this.  You'll need to update the DSN within the Dynamic Input Tool template as well as a valid SQL.

The Interface tools ask for ID and Password (which has the masking checkbox valued) and updates the connection string.  You can also do this with just a Data Input tool as well.

Robin_McIntosh_0-1656082439957.png

Raj_007
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I am looking for the same scenario - but in my case - i pull the ID and pwd from the database then I need to pass the password to the connection string in dynamic input 

when I try to use the replace string __EncPwd1__ with the password field coming from the database table it says cannot find file some weird error

can you please suggest

Labels