Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to normalise two different formats for same value from Excel in alteryx

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

Hi,

I have a value from two different Excel sheets and different format. From one excel sheet the value is 0.1410% and the other is 0.0014101. These are same values in different format . One is number other is percentage. I want to import these values to alteryx and compare these values to check if they are same. But I am having trouble because of the formats. And the values in alteryx show up as exponential values. I did try to convert them into double using select tool, but it doesn't help. Could someone help in normalising these formats?

16 REPLIES 16
hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

Hi,

But when i import the percentage value to Alteryx. It shows up as an exponential value, the first value from column 1 is 1.41E-3 on alteryx

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

You can try

ToNumber([Column 1])

It should work.

End formula should be something like this

ToString(ToNumber([Column 1])*100, 4)+"%"

atcodedog05_0-1605429514345.png

Hope this helps 🙂

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

anjaliaithal
7 - Meteor

Isn't that fine as it is a float value and is getting converted to the % format later?

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

On a different note, I am unable to download any of the workflows you have attached today

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

Even i am facing the same issue. I have raised a issue on the same. Reply on it saying you have the same issue.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/General-Discussions/Files-attached-in-post-stuck-in-Virus-scan-in-p...

Hope it get resolved soon.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

The attachment file issue has been fixed.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @hegdepavithra10 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any other issues 🙂

Labels