Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to move column heading row down in excel output

Russell_Jones
6 - Meteoroid

Hello;  I need to add heading lines to my excel output.  I am able to union together the two files however, my column headings appear in row one, then the 3 heading lines, and then my data.  Any thoughts on the easiest method to move my column headings to the row after the heading lines?  Seems very simple but sometimes simple things can be complicated.  Any thoughts are appreciated.  Thanks.  Best regards Baryon

11 REPLIES 11
Russell_Jones
6 - Meteoroid

Hello Ollie;

Thanks and that does help but each of my spreadsheet outputs are in a separate containers.

Do they all need to be in one container?

I am sending you my routine to look at as I can't easily do a join on the 5 speadsheets due to headers.

Any insights are much appreciated.

OllieClarke
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Russell_Jones, you didn't include the data when you sent the workflow, so I can't run it. However, looking at it and making a couple of assumptions I'd say you want to do something like this (i've done it for 2 of the tables for the sake of the screenshot) :

OllieClarke_1-1578672064909.png

Instead of outputting to the render tools, (assuming there is only 1 row of data going into the render tools), then use a formula tool to add the sheet name as a field to each table.
Then union all the tables together, and use the layout tool as before (grouping by the sheet name). Now you can output them all to one excel, but multiple sheets

Hope that helps,

Ollie

Labels