Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to move a column to the end with dynamic select tool

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,

I have used a dynamic input tool to change some of my column names according to the current date.

Say column D and column E are two dynamic-header columns. What I want to do is always make sure the [Change by product weekly] column is the last column.

current situation when the header of D and E column changes dynamically, [Change by product weekly] would move forward.

Paddi_1-1671763412563.png

what Alteryx need to do: ensure [Change by product weekly] is the last column.

Paddi_0-1671763306867.png

Can you kindly help me with this issue? Thank you so much.

8 REPLIES 8
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Paddi 
I usually perform something like below.

1223-Paddi.PNG

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hihi @Qiu ,

Thanks for your answer, it works well for the sample data. However, in real case it is actually other column headers like 

[Orange] [Pear] [Apple] [Lemon] [Change by product weekly], and I do not want any change in sequence for other headers, just want to ensure that [Change by product weekly] is the last column, and other columns should remain their original sequences, do you know how to do that? Thank you again~

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

Why don't you try it with the SELECT Tool?

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Paddi 
Thank you for your feedback.

I think we can add one Tile tool then something like below.

In this case, it will keep the orignal order of columns and move only [Change by product weekly] to end .

1223-tanvir_khan-r1.PNG

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Qiu,

Your solution works perfectly. Thank you so much, and learned a lot from this case!

Paddi
8 - Asteroid

Hi @KrishnaChithrathil ,

The select tool does not work because the column headers would change dynamically, and a select tool cannot ensure that a specific column is the last one under this circumstance. Thank you~

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Paddi 
Glad to help and thank you for letting know.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @Paddi 

Another lively way for you:

录制_2022_12_24_15_38_38_516.gif

Labels