Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to modify, save, and upload files to an online SharePoint folder each day?

ninosshiba
6 - Meteoroid

I download a report from an online platform we have, which exports as six Excel files (since the data is too large to fit on a single Excel spreadsheet). I save these exports to a network folder. For each file, I delete the first 26 rows manually and then upload them to a SharePoint folder online. I have a Power BI report connected to this SharePoint folder as a data source. Is there a way I could automate this process? Ideally, I'd want to automate when these files are saved to this network folder, the flow would automatically remove the first 26 rows from each file then save each of them and upload them to this specific SharePoint folder automatically each day. I download and save the Excel files each morning. Is this possible?

2 REPLIES 2
cmcclellan
13 - Pulsar

It sounds like Alteryx can do this 🙂  Depending on the online platform you might be able to automate the download as well.

Alteryx might have problems outputting to Sharepoint, but you might be able to avoid that with OneDrive and sync'ing your files.  If you could change to be ALL on a network drive then it would be very easy to automate everything.

JoeS
Alteryx
Alteryx

As above, this definitely sounds like a great use case for Alteryx.

Download multiple files using the download tool

Combine the files using the dynamic input tool - (removing the 26 rows along the way)

Upload to SharePoint with our connector here - https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Sharepoint-Files-Tool/6115a9c4826fd30fa4c434ad

Labels