Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to modify/customize a predictive macro tool and save/put it back to the workflow

SamZhong
7 - Meteor

I'm using count regression model. I want to change the code and add some configurations to the model , and save the changes to the macro and use it in the workflow.

When I save it, it does not allow me to save it to the system directory, so I saved the macro locally. When I used the one I saved, it triggered some errors. Looks like this tool was depending on some other macros in the system directory.

SamZhong_0-1574783074034.png

What's the right way to configure a macro tool and use it in the workflow? Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

The errors are occurring because the macro is not located in the path specified in your workflow. To get around this, you can either use relative paths when you save the macro, or create tool installers for the macros and use the installed tools (macros) in place of the existing macros in your workflow. See below for information on both: 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Relative-Paths/ta-p/1160 

https://www.theinformationlab.co.uk/2017/10/05/create-share-alteryx-tool-installer-yxi-file/

MichalM
Alteryx
Alteryx

@SamZhong 

You can see what @echuong1  highlighted when you open your edited macro in Alteryx Designer and navigate to Options > Advanced Options > Workflow Dependencies. The dependency would be referenced as . (period) which translates as directory in which the main macro is located.

So you can either copy the supporting macros over into the same directory and rebuild the expected folder structure or you can reference them in their original location by using the Absolute Path

C:\Program Files\Alteryx\R-3.5.3\Plugin\Macros\Predictive Tools\Supporting_Macros\

absolute.png

SamZhong
7 - Meteor

Thank you for sharing the post!

SamZhong
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the detailed instructions - super helpful! The directory setting is kinda tricky, but copying the folder structure definitely worked.

Labels