community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

How to match data + add calcul

Asteroid

Hey Community ! :)

Today i need your help please, i don't know how to do to process my data..

I have this kind of data (datatomatch.xlsx) to report in a kind of specific struture

datatomatch.PNG

This is the structure (balancesheet.xlsx) 

balancesheet.PNG

I want to match the data from datatomatch.xlsx to balancesheet.xlsx, i want to report the amount correponding to the right number account in the column December 2017.

For example, in the account 611300, i want to repot the sum of all account starting with 6113 in my datatomatch.xlsx because there are differents account starting with 6113.

For example , in the account 102000, i want to report the value of the account starting with 102 inside datatomatch.xlsx,... Etc

As you can see, in the balancesheet.xlsx file, i want to add the sum result of all the account in a section (For example=> Capital who is the add of  account starting with 101 + 1041 + 1042 + 105 + 106 ) 

Same thing for Assets and liabilities..

I hope you understand my request

Thank a lot for your help & sorry if i made mistakes with my english

Asteroid

Nobody can help me? Do you need more information? Do you understand my request?

Thanks

Community Operations Manager
Community Operations Manager

Hi @Sousou, Thank you for your contribution to the Community!

The Alteryx Community is here to assist you with questions, issues and ideas. We ask that you attempt to build the workflow on your own as a first step. If you encounter specific issues or errors along the way, the Alteryx Community is here to help!

Here are some resources to help you get started:

Join Tool

Text To Columns Tool

Thanks,

DanM

Asteroid

Hello @DanM

Thank's for your message, of course i understand ...

So i have differents issues to build my workflow because i don't know what's the best solution to process my data, for the moment i'm building my workflow with formula tool like:

IF StartsWith([ACCOUNT], "101") then LEFT([ACCOUNT], 3)+ "000" else
IF StartsWith([ACCOUNT], "115") then LEFT([ACCOUNT], 3)+ "000" else
IF StartsWith([ACCOUNT], "141") then LEFT([ACCOUNT], 3)+ "000" else

ENDIF ENDIF ENDIF

To have the same number than balancesheet.xlsx and i will try with join tool.. to report amount from datatomatch.xlsx to balancesheet.xlsx.. 

Labels