cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Announcement | Looking to expand your Alteryx skillset?! Check out the latest set of interactive lessons in Alteryx Academy: Creating Analytic Apps

How to log final status of workflow in the database?

Highlighted
Atom

Hello all,

I have close to 50 workflows which I am scheduling for the auto refresh. Hence I want to log the final status of the workflow post successful/ failed run in a table of the database which will be referred by support team.

Please suggest. 

Please note that for successful run, I have passed an insert statement  in the "Post Create SQL Statement" in the output data (refer attachment). 

Please help in failure cases. 

Thanks

@Avinesh are these on a server or desktop with automation?

You can schedule post run events from the Events tab configuration.

I have a similar process, although I came about it in a much longer way whereby I have the workflow email the output log on completion to myself.

I have an instance of Outlook running on a server with VBA rules to move specific emails to folders and either they get their text/attachment extracted and saved to a network drive, or the Outlook folder gets queried later and the log gets put into a database.

Atom

Hi Patrick,

Its on desktop with automation.

Also, we don't have email mechanism on the server. 

Don't we have a direct method wherein success or failure of the workflows can be logged into database only?

Labels