Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

How to load three hundred ninety thousand files with the same format in a Teradata databas

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

How to load three hundred ninety thousand files with the same format in a Teradata database.
The tables are PrimaryScreen Misschargespantalla DIM chargesscreen for the load and I want to save the column and the value... how can I design it?

Highlighted
12 - Quasar
12 - Quasar

To do repitive tasks, youre going to want to learn how to build a macro.  There's excellent resources on the community site and various blogs, but I happen to like Ken Black's explanation from his old blog: https://3danim8.wordpress.com/2016/08/09/how-to-use-and-better-understand-alteryx-batch-macros/

Basically you would build a workflow that can XML parse one of the files (Alteryx has a tool for that), then add interface inputs (macro input, control parameter and macro output).  Then you'll build another 'outer' workflow that reads in a list of all the files (ex. from a Directory read tool) and passes that into the macro.  The macro would then take care of reading in each file, and parsing it out the way you did as a single file.  As a final step in your outer macro, you can do a database output to Teradata.

Labels