community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Community v19.6

Looks aren't everything... But the latest Community refresh looks darn good!

Learn More

How to load three hundred ninety thousand files with the same format in a Teradata databas

Highlighted
Alteryx Partner

How to load three hundred ninety thousand files with the same format in a Teradata database. The tables are PrimaryScreen Misschargespantalla DIM chargesscreen for the load and I want to save the column and the value... how can I design it? 

Alteryx Certified Partner

Batch in the files to a workflow. Then load via ODBC. Teradata has a bulk loader to speed up the load if required. The files should batch nicely because as you said they are all the exact same format.

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi there

I'm assuming you need help processing the xml files into a table structure where one file is one row in the table? If that's correct, please see the attached example which take the file you provided and a copy of it that I've edited to test the wildcard file load. In the example, it loads the primaryscreen section of the xml but this can be changed to whatever you need via the xml parse tool.

To load to Teradata (as per Ryans answer) - use the Output data tool (Other Databases/TeraData Bulk)

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers

G

Labels