Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to install Alteryx designer on Citrix

StolenColon
5 - Atom

Alteryx Designer 2020.1 will launch on a published desktop but not as a published app.Need help.

3 REPLIES 3
lepome
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

@StolenColon 

Alteryx does not test any of our products on Citrix environments.

There are potential licensing complications to consider as Alteryx licenses on a per seat basis. These licenses/seats are intended to be registered to a single workstation and user per seat, and you may encounter complications with this licensing model depending on your specific Citrix integration/deployment.

If you consider this type of deployment of Alteryx - what we have seen with other customers is the need to persist the user configurations (we don't have a guide though as it's not officially supported) and you still need to have as many licenses for Designers as you have users.

If you have been successful with prior versions, you may count yourself lucky. 

Lisa LePome
Principal Support Engineer -- Knowledge Management Coach
Alteryx, Inc.
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi,

I am not sure if you are working for the corporation but if yes I would suggest reaching to your IT department.

In my company we use Citrix and I am using alteryx without issues. For me I was able to instal it by myself but my colleagues got issues and she reached the helpdesk.

Propably that isn't the best answer you can get but I would advise reaching your colleagues that are already using the Alteryx with similar set up to yours. 

Tiffyyy
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi, 

Quick update! Alteryx now supports both persistent and non-persistent VDI deployment via Citrix. More details on the requirements and set up here:

https://help.alteryx.com/product-activation-and-licensing/virtual-desktop-infrastructure-support#bes...

Labels