Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to input multi CSV files with same structure at once dynamically

MuthanaMh
5 - Atom

I have multiple CSV files with same structure in the same folder and trying to input all the files at once time, then do the same preparation such as select fields for all these files, and finally, export the output for each input file.

4 REPLIES 4
Peachyco
11 - Bolide

If I understand you correctly, your workflow involves:

1. Taking data from one CSV file, processing the data, and then creating an output.
  2. Do Step (1) for multiple CSV files in this particular folder.

I think you will need to build a batch macro that takes a CSV file and then generates an output. You can then create another workflow that uses an Input Data tool with the wildcard character (e.g. "\\Some folder location\*.csv"), and this tool would be the input for that batch macro.

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MuthanaMh check out this post it should help.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @MuthanaMh ,

I've attached a workflow and a macro that achieves this for you.

This gets around the problem you will have using the Dynamic Input tool where your schema changes slightly (which it does...because Excel).

mceleavey_0-1634036928618.png

I've attached the .yxzp version which should install the tool for you, if not, I've attached that as well and you just need to save it in your macros folder.

Hope this helps,

M.

Bulien

MuthanaMh
5 - Atom

Thank You

Labels