community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
Upgrade Alteryx Designer in 10 Steps

Debating whether or not to upgrade to the latest version of Alteryx Designer?

LEARN MORE

How to initiate a workflow after a conditional check

Asteroid

Hi

I have a file with "Report Date" as input file.I want to check if report date =Today then initiate a workflow else sent an email mentioning file is not updated.

How to achieve this in alteryx.

Regards,

Haya

Alteryx Certified Partner

Hi haya,

What do you think of below? Hope it is clear from the picture

report.PNG

Asteroid

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your reply. However I don't think this will work. Attaching the picture of my workflow. I have altogether three files and I want to check report date = today for the one highlighted. For the below example the false part as well as true part will get executed. Hence in my workflow if I incorporate this it will start executing with null data if the report date is not equal to todays date and get it published in Tableau server as I am creating a tde.

Regards,

Haya

Asteroid

Hi Michal,

Thanks for your reply. However I don't think this will work. Attaching the picture of my workflow. I have altogether three files and I want to check report date = today for the one highlighted. For the below example the false part as well as true part will get executed. Hence in my workflow if I incorporate this it will start executing with null data if the report date is not equal to todays date and get it published in Tableau server as I am creating a tde.

Regards,

Haya

Alteryx Certified Partner

Not sure I understand what you mean or what the challenge is. That report date is null? Can you sort it out using a Message or Test tool? To give you an error when that happens?

Labels