Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to initially load all data specified in the folder and then only past 2 weeks

Pankhudri20
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I have 18 alteryx workflows which needs to run daily.

I am looking to see if it is possible to load all the data from the specified folder on the first load and then from 2nd time it should load only the past 2 weeks data.

Also, is there a way to combine all the 18 workflows that they run together but produce 18 different outputs as specified?

The workflows are saved on private gallery server.

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you

Regards,

Pankhudri

3 REPLIES 3
PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Pankhudri20 For your first question, you may have to manually run the workflow one time for the whole data load and then simply use a directory tool into a dynamic input and use a filter for the last 2 weeks of data.

For the 18 workflows - it is tough to diagnose without more context but you could always copy and paste them to consolidate them into one workflow. 

Best,

Peter

Pankhudri20
8 - Asteroid

Hello @PeterA1 ,

Thank you for your response.

For data load, I will try the dynamic input after one full data load.

The 18 workflows are very similar but it will not be possible to copy and paste them together.

Is there any other way to achieve this?

Regards,

Pankhudri

PeterA1
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Pankhudri20  The List Runner Tool may be the one to look at for this! The Crew Macros are great and I believe this might be the one to solve that problem most effectively. 

Labels