Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to include speech marks (") in Excel output

davidlhowes
6 - Meteoroid

I am trying to output a Hyperlink formula into one of the data columns of my Excel output.

Part of this hyperlink formula requires double quotation marks e.g.

"=HYPERLINK("dynamicsnav://vmnavpr01.salgrp.net:7046/DynamicsNAV90/LIVE/runpage?page=9069464&$filter='Entry%20No.'%20IS%20'7%20AND%20'Client%20No.'%20IS%20'CL000004'&mode=Edit","PF001")"

How can I integrate the " in the cell without Alteryx formula tool interpreting it as a break in the constructed text.

My formula used is:

"=Hyperlink(dynamicsnav://vmnavpr01.salgrp.net:7046/DynamicsNAV90/LIVE/runpage?page=9069464&$filter='Entry%20No.'%20IS%20'"
+[Entry No_]+
"%20AND%20'Client%20No.'%20IS%20'"
+[Client No_]+
"'&mode=Edit,PF001)"

which outputs correctly, but I miss the " before dynamics, after Edit.

Thanks in anticipation

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @davidlhowes 

Basically the idea \ hack  on how to do this warp double quotes in single quotes in double quotes.

For this you need split strings into part which has double quotes and part which has part single quotes. Like

" part with single quotes "  and ' part with double quotes '

applied on your string would look like

atcodedog05_0-1608025153311.png

Where yellow highlighted are the markers

Hope this helps 🙂

PraphulSamavedam
8 - Asteroid

Enclose the single quotes in double quotes and enclose the single quotes in double quotes so that they are not interpreted by Alteryx. 

In your case try this:
'=HYPERLINK("dynamicsnav://vmnavpr01.salgrp.net:7046/DynamicsNAV90/LIVE/runpage?page=9069464&$filter='+"'Entry%20No.'%20IS%20'" + toString([Entry_No]) + "%20AND%20'Client%20No.'%20IS%20'" +tostring([Client_No]) + "&mode=Edit"+'","PF001")'

Attaching zipped workflow for reference. 

I hope this shall resolve your issue. 

davidlhowes
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for your help

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Happy to help 🙂 @davidlhowes 

Cheers and Happy Analyzing 😀

Feel free to reach out if you face any issues 🙂

Labels