Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to import different tabs in an excel file to different input tools automatically

archari95
5 - Atom

Is there a way to import multiple excel tabs (with completely different schema and information) from a single excel file to Alteryx so as to feed this different input tabs to other tools in Alteryx? I saw many answers on joining/unioning different files with/without same schema.

Here I'm specifically looking for inputting different tabs with completely unrelated data. Hence no join/union is needed.

2 REPLIES 2
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @archari95 ,

You can see this discussion which shows how to load in all tabs from multiple sheets. This outputs into a unioned dataset but you can split it by filename/Sheet etc.

Alternatively, you can build this and split it for each sheet before it goes into the second tool, and therefore will only output like for like sheets together.

If you want to loads them all in and keep them entirely separate, then you need multiple manual input tools.

M.

Bulien

archari95
5 - Atom

Hi @mceleavey

Thank you for the solution, however I think the exact solution I'm looking for is not impossible after reading the discussions in there. Anyways, thank you so much for your answer.

Labels