Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to implement binary bit operations in alteryx?

longhui
7 - Meteor

Ask the question, how to implement binary bit operations in alteryx? Easy to implement in python。thanks!

微信图片_20200328191226.png

9 REPLIES 9
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @longhui,

You can use the Formula Tool for this.

grossal_1-1585394286081.png

If you can't find the Operation you need, you could also go back to Python with the Python Tool.

Let me know if this helps.

Alex

longhui
7 - Meteor

thanks!So quick answer!

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Could you accept it as a solution if it solved the question?

Have a great weekend!

Alex

longhui
7 - Meteor

sorry  This issue is still not resolved , OR operation,Incorrect result with BinaryOr (n, m)

微信图片_20200328201112.png

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

okay, I think I know what you mean.

grossal_2-1585401537105.png

with 

grossal_1-1585401480424.png

I think you should contact support@alteryx.com and let them know about this bug.

Here is a python workaround:

grossal_3-1585402778323.png

grossal_4-1585402788245.png

Workflow attached. Let me know if this helps.

Alex

longhui
7 - Meteor

Thank you for your patience, I didn't expect it to be so complicated.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Me too! 

I am actually super surprised that the function does not work correctly. I guess the number is "too big" but I don't know. A binary operation should be super simple to implement and shouldn't have struggle with big numbers.

Would you accept the previous answer as a solution if it worked properly for you?

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @grossal@longhui 

It's not a bug...it's a feature!!

See the response in this post from @AdamR_AYX.  All numeric values are converted to Double data type on entry to the Formula tool and then converted back on exit.  Since a large INT64 value doesn't fit into the approximately 15 digits of precision in a Double there will some data loss.    

We been advocating for awhile to have INT64 treated as first class citizens for a while.  When dealing with large RTMS, it's common for transaction IDs to be INT64 or larger numeric values.  It's doesn't long for Amazon to rack up 4,294,967,296 transactions. 

Fractional seconds would nice as well

Dan 

longhui
7 - Meteor

According to the method you provided, the problem was successfully solved, thank you!

Labels