Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to ignore the footer rows

david-r
6 - Meteoroid

I know there is a "ignore first 'n' of rows".

Is there an option for ignoring footer rows.

My spreadsheet has 40 rows at the bottom of the worksheet that are affecting my column averages. I'd like Alteryx to ignore these last 40 rows. The spreadsheet continues to expand so setting 40 rows is important, or perhaps a marker could be placed to say "ignore all rows after this point".

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

@david-r I see a couple options here, you can choose which one best fits your specific needs:

• If you know of a key word or phrase in one of the columns that will always be in the last row, add a RecordID tool then use a filter to get rid of rows with a RecordID greater than the one with the key word in it.
  • If you don't know a key word in the last row but still want to use the Filter tool, add a Record ID, use a Summarize to get the maximum RecordID. Append that maximum value to each record from your input. Then just use a Filter to only keep records where the Max RedordID minus the current row RecordID is greater than 40.
  • Use the Sample tool keep the Last N Rows (here, 40) then use a Join tool after and only keep the records that were not joined.

Hope one of these solutions is helpful! Let us know if you need more clarification on any of them.

mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @david-r,

You can apply a filter tool to take the last 40 rows, then join back to the main stream, with the main stream being the left input. Join on the key field and take the left join output:

Last 40.PNG

Bulien

david-r
6 - Meteoroid

I went with the last option, got there in the end.

Thank you for all the options, and the really fast reply!

Labels