Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to hide a workflow from the user

jillian
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I created an Alteryx workflow that I want to hide from the end user. I understand that this can be done by encrypting the workflow or making it into an Analytics App. For the App, I have discovered that if you just change the save as extension of the app to .yxmd, the user is able to see the original workflow. I want the user to put in a file and have the workflow spit out the output file without the user ever seeing or having access to the workflow. Is there a way to encrypt the app or the workflow itself so that the user will never see the workflow?

4 REPLIES 4
Inactive User
Not applicable

Put the workflows to be hidden into a folder and hide the folder:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-hide-files-and-folders-windows-10

Alternatively if you have Alteryx Gallery/Server, you can make a collection and put it there.

TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @jillian

Go ahead and make your workflow into an app. Once it's in the .yxwz format - you can encrypt it by going to Options > Advanced Options > Encrypt Workflow.

Your users will still be able to run the app - but they won't be able to open the underlying workflow.

jillian
8 - Asteroid

Thank you @TravisR!

codermehedibd
5 - Atom

You can use file hide software for your windows computer. like wise folder hider there is another way to protect your file you can use your command prompt to hide your folder from other users.

Labels