Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to handle zip file without extension

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

Hi, I receive every day a .zip file without extension, so in this case I have to manually rename it and then extract the files in it. Is there a way in Alteryx to handle this situation?

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Istwineres 
I think we need to a workflow

First, Run Command Tool to change the file extension

Second, read the zip file with input tool.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Knowledge-Base/Unzipping-large-TXT-files-for-proce...

rename-file-extension-with-cmd.png

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @Istwineres 

Do the files internal to the zip file always have the same name?  If they do, you can use a dynamic input to read in the file.  Set the file type to zip and select the internal file.  This will work even if the extension isn't zip

If the name in the file inside the zip file changes, then check out this post that uses a python library to read to names of the files inside the zip file and then configures the dynamic input to read those files

Dan

Istwineres
8 - Asteroid

The zip without extension contains just one file that has the same problem, it's a .txt without extension.

Labels