Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to get yesterday's date in a Formula tool

RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Hello all,

I am trying to create a workflow that will send an attachment by email every day. The filename changes reflecting yesterdays date in the filename. So the report send today would have this file name: Report_2015_12_22.csv (also note the underscores being used in the date)

I am using a Text Input tool to get the name of the attachment and then using a Formula tool to replace the date part in the attachment field. If the file name was using today's I would have already fixed it using this formula: 'C:\Apps\' + 'Report_' + Replace(DateTimeToday(),"-","_") + '.csv'

The output is C:\Apps\Report_2015_12_23.csv.

However to get yesterday's date in and replace the hyphens with underscores I am stuck and cannot get it to work.

I've attached a sample workflow and report.

Does anyone know how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance!

Roel

edit: changed extension used

2 REPLIES 2
RoelEsselink
8 - Asteroid

Colleague helped me out already:

'C:\Apps\' + 'Report_' + DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"days"), "%Y_%m_%d") + '.csv'

marlline
8 - Asteroid

This is so helpful when I tried to figure out why number age group changes comparing with yesterday's number.

Thank you so much!!

@RoelEsselink wrote:

Colleague helped me out already:

'C:\Apps\' + 'Report_' + DateTimeFormat(DateTimeAdd(DateTimeToday(),-1,"days"), "%Y_%m_%d") + '.csv'

Labels