Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to get the specific range of fields based on the data or country data selected.

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Good Day,

Need some help for the workflow on getting the range field based on the country data selected for example there are multiple country in source file then I only want to captured 1 country and also get the fields needed like 7 fields included.  How can I dynamically select that desired country included the field range needed. See Attached Workflow.

4 REPLIES 4
Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

My solution is attached, it relies on knowing which row contains the country names.

Christina_H_0-1663332593804.png

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

@arjundelara , here is my solution containing dynamic rename and dynamic select tool. So if you are not aware of the fields containing data it will dynamically select columns based on the country you provide without knowing the schema.

grazitti_sapna_0-1663332850588.png

Sapna Gupta
arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Christina_H ,

This is great! I appreciate your help. I'll apply this logic on my current workflow. Thank you so much for the idea!

arjundelara
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grazitti_sapna 

Great works! I have now an idea to remove unnecessary fields! Thank you so much,

Labels