Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to get the dates in chronological order within a row

kas
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I need to have the dates in chronological order within a row. The row can have from 1 to 8 different dates. Current state and desired state examples attached.

Thank you,

Kim

8 REPLIES 8
BradWerner
11 - Bolide

Hi @kas,

How about this? See my attached workflow for specific steps.

BradWerner_0-1596133387984.png

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks!

Brad

john_miller9
11 - Bolide

@kas,

Here's one way to accomplish that:

john_miller9_0-1596133875243.png

kas
8 - Asteroid

Hello@BradWerner ,

Close, but not quite, it only did it in the first 10 rows (up to 3 billing dates), after that it falls apart.

kas
8 - Asteroid

Hello @john_miller9 

Unfortunately I'm on an older version of Alteryx and am unable to import your workflow.

I'm on Version 2019.3.5.17947

Kim

john_miller9
11 - Bolide

@kas,

You can open workflows created by newer versions of Alteryx by opening the .yxmd file in a text editor and replacing the version name:

john_miller9_0-1596134750411.png

BradWerner
11 - Bolide

No worries @kas,

As a learning opportunity for me, do you have data that you tried it with that broke my workflow?

I used your 19 rows from the example data source and it worked for all of them. 

One note: Right after I first posted, I noticed I hadn't turned your dates into Date types and that this threw off the sort. I fixed the workflow and reposted (also attached again)

Does your workflow of mine have the newly added DateTime tool?

BradWerner_0-1596134844754.png

Just curious, Thanks for your help!

Brad

kas
8 - Asteroid

Hey again @BradWerner ,

That did the trick, I had failed to notice my dates weren't "dates" so thanks so much, works perfectly.

Kim

kas
8 - Asteroid

Thanks so much @john_miller9 !

Labels