Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to get particular border style in Excel?

Sensy2k
6 - Meteoroid

I need a particular border style to be applied to headers, I have tried changing px from 1-9 but I am not getting this border style. Please see attachment for reference.

Border.png

Can someone help me on this?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Sensy2k 
So the snapshot shows the output of your workflow?

What is your desired output?

Sensy2k
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu Snapshot shows the border style which I would like to apply

I have attached the desired output below.

Output_Requirement.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Sensy2k ,

I came up with a workaround that might work for you. I've split the text you want to outline the box off into a separate stream and used a table tool, in the default settings of which I've changed the Table border to yes.

AngelosPachis_0-1610608416083.png

So for that single header

AngelosPachis_1-1610608455909.png

I had this output 

AngelosPachis_2-1610608476618.png

The I've joined it back to the original data and used a layout tool configured to vertical layout with section breaks, which gave me this:

AngelosPachis_3-1610608534530.png

Not sure if that's the kind of the thing you are after, hope it helps.

Regards,

Angelos

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Sensy2k 
This is the output from your workflow.

You want to border color to be black?

Qiu_0-1610608713561.png

Sensy2k
6 - Meteoroid

@AngelosPachis, thanks for trying it. If you look at both the border styles, it is not what I have asked.  From your solution, header has thick style and data has thin one (highlighted in red), I want the one which is highlighted in green.

Border_Highlight.png

Sensy2k
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu Yes, below is the output from my workflow however it has thick border style but I am aiming for the border style highlighted in green below.  I am not bothered on border color. Thank you.

Border_Highlight.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Sensy2k ,

Now that you know how it's done, maybe you can proceed and get familiar with it and bring it to the format/border width that is ideal for you? Personally, I struggle to see the difference between the two lines but you might have a better understanding of that.

Thanks,

Angelos

Labels