Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to get particular border style in Excel?

Sensy2k
6 - Meteoroid

I need a particular border style to be applied to headers, I have tried changing px from 1-9 but I am not getting this border style. Please see attachment for reference.

Border.png

Can someone help me on this?

Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Sensy2k 
So the snapshot shows the output of your workflow?

What is your desired output?

Sensy2k
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu Snapshot shows the border style which I would like to apply

I have attached the desired output below.

Output_Requirement.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Sensy2k ,

I came up with a workaround that might work for you. I've split the text you want to outline the box off into a separate stream and used a table tool, in the default settings of which I've changed the Table border to yes.

AngelosPachis_0-1610608416083.png

So for that single header

AngelosPachis_1-1610608455909.png

I had this output 

AngelosPachis_2-1610608476618.png

The I've joined it back to the original data and used a layout tool configured to vertical layout with section breaks, which gave me this:

AngelosPachis_3-1610608534530.png

Not sure if that's the kind of the thing you are after, hope it helps.

Regards,

Angelos

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Sensy2k 
This is the output from your workflow.

You want to border color to be black?

Qiu_0-1610608713561.png

Sensy2k
6 - Meteoroid

@AngelosPachis, thanks for trying it. If you look at both the border styles, it is not what I have asked.  From your solution, header has thick style and data has thin one (highlighted in red), I want the one which is highlighted in green.

Border_Highlight.png

Sensy2k
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu Yes, below is the output from my workflow however it has thick border style but I am aiming for the border style highlighted in green below.  I am not bothered on border color. Thank you.

Border_Highlight.png

AngelosPachis
16 - Nebula

Hi @Sensy2k ,

Now that you know how it's done, maybe you can proceed and get familiar with it and bring it to the format/border width that is ideal for you? Personally, I struggle to see the difference between the two lines but you might have a better understanding of that.

Thanks,

Angelos

Labels