Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to get output in a specific template in a single file having multiple tabs?

abdulhakeem
7 - Meteor

Hi

I have started using Alteryx since a week. I am stuck with this item since a few days. 

I want to get an output in a specific template. I have attached a screenshot of the same template. In the same way i need to output multiple files in a single output file having multiple tabs with different templates respectively.

The screenshot is an example of one template which is in a single tab. My output has data generated under the last header(Change Home Contact Information Key, Person Reference ID type, Person Reference ID etc)

Likewise I have multiple templates in different tabs. My workflow generates different files and each file should be an output for these templates.

Is there any tool which I can use to design an output template.

Thanks !!

3 REPLIES 3
sbansal
7 - Meteor

Hi,

1. Create a template excel file with all the formatting, formula, conditions etc.

2. Create a workflow with that copies your existing excel (template) and create a duplicate at required location. Creating a copy of your template file will require batch file execution. The same can be checked at below url

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Automate-copy-and-paste-Excel-file-bef...

3. Use your normal workflow process to add data to that file.

Hope that solves your problem. Mark it as solution if it works for others.

Thanks,

Sunny

abdulhakeem
7 - Meteor

I tried this method. The batch file copies the file from source to destination. I was not able to configure the Run Command tool.

Is there another walkaround for this as there are not many resources I can find for Run Command tool?

Thanks

sbansal
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have created a sample to copy from source folder to destination folder using run command. Hope that helps.

Thanks

Sunnny

Labels