community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.
#SANTALYTICS

The highly anticipated Alteryx Community tradition is back! We hope you'll join us!

Learn More

How to get all Dimension Values without any values

Highlighted
Asteroid

Hi All

I have the following data set where for sales 2 under sales , there is no value for group ABC. so it doesn't bring in that record . I want a record for all values in the Group to create a record for each Org/Org2 value regardless of value or null. How do i achieve that ?

OrgOrg2ValueGroup 
SalesSales110ABC 
SalesSales120XYZ 
SalesSales 210XYZ 

Thanks

S

Inactive User
Not applicable

Solution attached.

Magnetar
Magnetar

EDIT: Beaten to the punch (with a workflow!) by @Inactive User .  Nicely done!  we had the same idea.

You can create a list of all of your ORG/ORG2 combinations by using a Summarize tool, and similarly create a list of all Groups via another Summarize tool.

If you use an Append fields with these two outputs you will create a list of all Orgs and Groups that should exist.  Then you can Join this data to your existing dataset (I'm going to assume you connect your new ORG/ORG2/GROUP dataset to the Right side of the Join tool).

You would Join on:

Org-Org

Org2-Org2

Group-Group

Then, you can union your "J" and "R" outputs from your dataset together to create the list of all possible groups and orgs, with null values in Value where nothing existed previously.

Labels