Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to generate a Single Map with Multiple Polygons displayed

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

I have generated a map using a shape file of sub market boundaries (12 records total) but the output (using the browse tool) shows each record (polygon) in a different map. How do I map all 12 records (polygons) onto the same map? Attached is the output I am generating.

8 REPLIES 8
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try using the Summarize tool to Combine your spatial objects into one field - if you select the spatial object field, the drop down will give you a few Spatial category options, including the option to Combine, which should take all spatial objects and create a single multi-Polygon field. Hope that helps!

Cheers,

NJ

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

How does that affect labeling? Meaning, if I combine them into one polygon will I still be able to label each polygon or will I only be allowed one label for the combined polygon?

TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Joshua_Bova - you can use the Union tool to combine your shape files for viewing multiple polygons in a single browse tool. Attached a quick example I put together - does that solve your question or am I missing the mark entirely?

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

I have one shape file with all 12 polygons already. What I need is for the map that is being output to put all 12 polygons into the same map image and not create a map image for each individual polygon. 

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you using a grouping field in the report map tool?  They should come through on one map as default if there isn't a grouping field.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

It seemed like it would be an easy fix. This did the trick. Thank you.

Joe_McCoy
8 - Asteroid

Wrong post.

chris_rowntree
5 - Atom

Wow! i had no idea the summarise tool could handle spatial data. This solved my issue. thanks!

Labels