Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to generate a Single Map with Multiple Polygons displayed

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

I have generated a map using a shape file of sub market boundaries (12 records total) but the output (using the browse tool) shows each record (polygon) in a different map. How do I map all 12 records (polygons) onto the same map? Attached is the output I am generating.

8 REPLIES 8
NicoleJohnson
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Try using the Summarize tool to Combine your spatial objects into one field - if you select the spatial object field, the drop down will give you a few Spatial category options, including the option to Combine, which should take all spatial objects and create a single multi-Polygon field. Hope that helps!

Cheers,

NJ

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

How does that affect labeling? Meaning, if I combine them into one polygon will I still be able to label each polygon or will I only be allowed one label for the combined polygon?

TravisR
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Joshua_Bova - you can use the Union tool to combine your shape files for viewing multiple polygons in a single browse tool. Attached a quick example I put together - does that solve your question or am I missing the mark entirely?

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

I have one shape file with all 12 polygons already. What I need is for the map that is being output to put all 12 polygons into the same map image and not create a map image for each individual polygon. 

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

Are you using a grouping field in the report map tool?  They should come through on one map as default if there isn't a grouping field.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

Joshua_Bova
7 - Meteor

It seemed like it would be an easy fix. This did the trick. Thank you.

Joe_McCoy
8 - Asteroid

Wrong post.

chris_rowntree
5 - Atom

Wow! i had no idea the summarise tool could handle spatial data. This solved my issue. thanks!

Labels