Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to find workflows in the gallery with specific tools in them?

csh8428
11 - Bolide

I'm an admin for our gallery. A lot of our workflows use Google sheets as inputs/outputs and publish to Tableau. The way our security is set up, the authorization to those sources is done using our windows credentials. So, whenever our windows credentials change we have to go into every workflow and re-authorize every google sheet and publish to Tableau tool. As I'm sure you can figure, this can be time-consuming by having to remember which workflows have these tools and opening/updating/saving them.

What I was hoping was possible was to create a workflow that looks through all the workflows in the gallery that have those specific tools so our users don't have to comb through every workflow to see if it uses those connectors. I've played with the MongoDb before, so I know how hard it is to mess with. I don't expect(but it would be awesome) an entire workflow, but if you know what tables to hit would be nice.

Thanks,

Craig

1 REPLY 1
gautiergodard
13 - Pulsar

Hey @csh8428 

One way you could do this is leveraging a combination of the gallery APIs and XML scrape.

You can build a process to download workflows from your galley and store them in a shared location.

Once stored you can have another workflow (or build a macro) to open each workflow as a .txt / csv ...etc type of file and do a search for the tool you are looking for.

Hope this helps! 

Labels