Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to find the last non blank value in a row (similar to lookup function in excel)

Naka
5 - Atom

Hi everyone,

I am currently trying to analyse a large data set of daily payments for individual clients (refer to attached file for a small sample of the data). The goal is to see the last payment date (if any) for each individual client. I have done this in the excel sample (with lookup value formula) and would like to replicate the results in Alteryx, in order to apply to the entire data set. 

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Atanas 

6 REPLIES 6
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @Naka!

I was able to replicate your results in the attached workflow. The key was to use a Transpose tool then summarize your data from there. I used a Join at the end to get all of the input data back.

Hope this helps!

Naka1.PNG

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@Naka

The Transpose tool help to transform the payment dates to rows to determine the total payments and last date. Then those values are joined back to the original data in my attached solution. Let me know if you have any questions.

tom_montpool
12 - Quasar

I'd be interested to know if this solves your question. I used Transpose, but then combined with the Unique tool.

Naka
5 - Atom

Naka
5 - Atom

Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hey @Naka

For future reference, it's actually really easy to open a workflow that's in a newer version of Alteryx than the one you're using. 

Simply right click on the workflow before opening it and select 'Edit with Notepad++.' From here, on line two , change the yxmdVer to the version of Alteryx you are using. Save, close, and viola. You should then be able to open the workflow without issues.

alteryx version change.PNG

Labels