Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to filter rows with duplicate values

bb
7 - Meteor

Hi, is there a way to filter rows that have same value in certain field?

A         B          C            D

NJ    2015    Honda     I5A3HA74HANC7A32

GA    2016    Toyota     H7612HSK59NK8NA

TN    2017    Toyota     I5A3HA74HANC7A32

NY    2019    Ford        G7HY84HA9837I0123

So, if I want to filter only the rows that have same value in column D (row 1 and 3 in this case) How do I do that? My data sample has around 500 rows and I need to filter the rows with duplicate value. If I do unique value, it only filters out one of the duplicate rows but not all

4 REPLIES 4
mmenth
11 - Bolide

Hi @bb,

You can do this by using a unique tool (I use two to get down to unique of the duplicates), and then join back to your original data. I don't know if you meant "filter out" or "filter to", If you want to filter out, then take what comes out of the L node, otherwise, the J node with all the right fields unchecked.

Best,

mmenth

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

The Unique tool can take care of this for you. In this example, place a Unique tool and check the box for column D. The rows with duplicates will out from the "D" anchor. Join these records to the original for what's called a "left outer" join. 

sjm
8 - Asteroid

@bb how about something like the attached workflow? 

Take a count for each value in Column D and then join it and then filter duplicates.

bb
7 - Meteor

Thank you all, that works perfectly

Labels