Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to filter for rows with same absolute values in column?

overhead_press
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone, how would I go about filtering for the data that have the same absolute value in the Amount column grouped by their Account number? For example, the first two rows would meet the criteria because they have the same account number, and their amounts are the same after we get their absolute value. However, for account 3 it wouldn't meet the criteria because both of the values are 300 before any absolute value conversion, Thanks! 

Original:

Account Amount
1-100
2-200

Desired result:

Account Amount
1-100
2-200
5 REPLIES 5
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

I thought I understood your question, but your Desired result doesn't seem to match the question.

If you "filter out" data with an opposite sign, for Account 1, wouldn't you be left with only Amount 200 in the Desired result?

And wouldn't you Keep both rows for Account 3, since both amounts are positive?

Chris

overhead_press
8 - Asteroid

My apologies for the confusing wording, I have updated my description so hope that makes it more clearer! 

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Even with your updated wording, is your example Desired result still incorrect?

For Account 1, why would the output contain 100 and -100?  It seems like those two records would be filtered out, leaving only the 200 Amount.

overhead_press
8 - Asteroid

Yep the desired output is still correct, I am looking for the same absolute values after conversion grouped by their Account number. 100 = ABS(-100). For account number 3 it wouldn't meet the criteria because both of the values are 300 before any conversion is being done.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Try the attached workflow.  A batch macro would probably be easier, but this could be a good use of the Make Group tool, as long as you eliminate duplicate matches.

I added a few more records to your test input to test for duplicates from the Join.

ChrisTX_1-1637331650521.png

Chris

Labels