Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to filter a YXDB input during input

alex_porreca
5 - Atom

I am using an input with hundreds of millions of rows, but only need a limited range of that yxdb file. Is there a way to filter it similar to a where clause in an SQL statement?

3 REPLIES 3
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @alex_porreca ,

YXDB is designed for fast simple interchange of data and has no indexes. Therefore I don't think you are able to perform the task you are looking for.

Regards

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@alex_porreca wrote:

I am using an input with hundreds of millions of rows, but only need a limited range of that yxdb file. Is there a way to filter it similar to a where clause in an SQL statement?

You'll need to write an Alteryx Calgary file (.cydb) instead of a .yxdb. Calgary files support field indices so each field can be quickly searched and filtered. A Calgary Join tool can then use these indices to quickly return results that join/match your criteria in your workflow. 

You can read more on this documentation page, or just ask here!

https://help.alteryx.com/2018.3/calgaryindex.htm

@afv2688 wrote:

YXDB is designed for fast simple interchange of data and has no indexes.

Spatial fields are indexed by default in .yxdb files. There's a checkbox to disable this on the Output tool. 

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

You are right @CharlieS, thanks for correcting me and preventing me misinform someone. Will get you a beer at Inspire!😄🙂

Labels