community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

How to filter Alteryx Visual Query Builder Database

Meteoroid

I have connected database to Alteryx using ODBC connection. Now i want to extract data for MSEG.MANDT only for 1000 different values i have. How to filter only 1000 values for MANDT from database ?

clipboard_image_0.png

Bolide

Have you also connected to the 1000 different values you have for MSEG.MANDT using an Input Data tool?

If you have connected to both datasets, use the Join tool, joining on MANDT. The J anchor will include only records that exists in both datasets.

Meteoroid

I have connected Alteryx to Oracle dataset first time using Input tool. I want to extract data for 1000 values of a field. 1000 values are with me in excel. where as connection to Oracle database is using ODBC. how can i put filter for a field in query builder itself? This is needed because Database is huge. How can I join excel to these DB tables?

clipboard_image_0.png

Bolide

See this related post: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Optimizing-Query-Performance/m-p/16755...

You might want to try to the In Database tools.  I'm just starting to work with them now.

I was able to use a Text Box to modify part of a WHERE clause in the base SQL.  I'll try to see if In DB tools are easier.

Labels