Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to fill the lines of a table based on values of one column?

FabioP
8 - Asteroid

Dearl all,

I have the table below with a lot of Null information.

I'd like to fill this cells based on the value in the column "codigo_ibge" and keep the data only in the column "date".

table.PNG

All the Null values need to be replaced by values in lines 104 - 109... Once again, based in "codigo_ibge" and keeping "date".

What tool is better for this?

Tks!!

3 REPLIES 3
grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @FabioP,

I think I'd do this with a Filter, Join and Union Tool. 

First you Split the data between empty and not empty, you than join the empty data with the data from the filled part and Union the filled part with the data from the Join.

A workflow would look like this:

grossal_0-1590245096438.png

I also included the L-Anker from the Output of the join in case something has no lookup. You need to add a Sort-Tool if you want to keep the order.

Let me know if this works for you. I could build you a workflow if you are able to provide sample data.

Best

Alex

FabioP
8 - Asteroid

Hi @grossal 

To be honest I didn't understand how you configured the flow...

So, follow the data as it was in the picture as you asked.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @FabioP,

see example attached.

grossal_0-1590251739466.png

Let me try to explain what happens.

I filter all "bad" data to the True-Anker of the Filter tool and all good data to the "F"-Anker. I missed the Unique Tool in my first description, but off course we don't want to multiply the data, therefore I use the Unique on 'codigo_ibge'. 

grossal_1-1590251844990.png

The Join-Tool basically does a field swap without swapping the date. I than combine everything back together using the Union Tool and sort it.

Workflow attached. Let me know if this solved your problem.

Best

Alex

Labels