Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to fill in list box values with the output of another tool

gsenol
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

This needs to be easy bur I'm quite new to alteryx and I don't know if I'm missing something if so please excuse me.

What I'm trying to do is;

I summarized the data to show the sales values grouped by customers. And then I sort the output and show the top ten customers that has the maximum sales.

I want to fill the list box with these ten customers so the app user can pick the ones they want to analyze. When I connect the tool to list box it only shows the name of the fields not the values. Ex. "Customers", "Sales"

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
mceleavey
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @gsenol,

This is nice functionality and once you understand it it's fairly straightforward.

You need to isolate the customers you want to use, then apply a filter to the customer ID.

Then you need to cross tab your customer IDs so they are column headers and feed this into a Drop Down tool.

Connect the node on the bottom of the Drop Down to the lightning bolt on the Filter tool. You will see an action tool.

This requires further config, but this is basically telling Alteryx to update the filter value with what you select on the drop down tool.

I've attached the workflow for you. 

All you will need to do is replace the "Top Ten Customers" box with your data, and set the output path in the output tool.

For gsenol.PNG

Hope this helps.

Bulien

gsenol
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @mceleavey for the quick response,

That's exactly what I was looking for

jcass
5 - Atom

I have unique values coming from a select and unique tool but I am only getting the column headings in the list box. Inserting a transform tool does not fix it.

Labels