Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to fill down values from x number of rows above

acah
5 - Atom

Hello!  I'm new to Alteryx.  Does anyone have a clever way of effectively filling down data from x number of rows above?  Similar to the way where you can double-click in excel and have the data fill in from above.  I was trying to use a multi-row function, but can't really figure out how to since the row of the data that needs to be copied varies.  I have the followding data set.  Thank you!
rtaImage (6).png

19 REPLIES 19
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@jark1294 

It is in the Preparation Tab.

Multi-Row.PNG

Cheers,

AJ_J
5 - Atom

Nope, still doesn't work.

alteryx_user
7 - Meteor

alteryx_user
7 - Meteor

Hi, could you please tell me how to perform this in multiple fields?

For example, if I have 2 more fields like "success_year", "success_season"

Brlnr
5 - Atom

Take out the brackets from Success Month in your middle statement.

[Row-1:Success Month] should resolve it.

Brlnr
5 - Atom

@alteryx_user 

What are you trying to do with each of the success_year and success_season fields? I assume you want to update FieldX with the data in these other columns?

Do you have a sample of the data you're using?

alteryx_user
7 - Meteor

@Brlnr 

thanks for your reply. Please find the workflow attached. Yes, I am trying to update the rest of the fields "Avg_withdraw", "Avg_sales" etc., with a single formula (if possible)

DfloDBDB
7 - Meteor

That was helpful.

dishapandit
5 - Atom

This helped me understand very clearly ! Thanks a zillion ton !

Suzanne_Huynh
5 - Atom

Works great! In case you're still scratching your head, you have to use the multi-row formula tool, and under Expression, that's where you enter the corresponding formula:

Suzanne_Huynh_0-1648848207433.png

Labels