Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to extract particular columns from different sheets within one excel

Kate13122
7 - Meteor

Hi everybody,

I am facing to issue with getting particular columns from different sheets within one excel file. 

I have a case: a file with 12 sheets. These sheets have information for a particular period (month). I would need to get from each sheet column e.g. "invoice number" "tax amount" and "period" rest of the columns are not necessary to keep for the rest of the flow because I need to have for further calculations just these 3 columns to show. I kindly ask you for the solution how can I get from each sheet this information and merge them into one output  e.g.

invoice number period    tax amount

2525            Jan 22   5000

2526           Feb 22    3000

I tried dynamic input but I do not have the same schema and the file is huge with the data. I tried to create a batch macro but it does not help me. 

Maybe resolve this issue with some formula?  but I do not have any idea how to do that. 

Could you please advise? 

Thank you in advance

Katarina 

4 REPLIES 4
AlteryxMatt

Hi Katarina, 

I would suggest posting a sample workflow so other users can get a better idea of what it is you are trying to accomplish. Also, please specify in the post if data given is real or fake!

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

@Kate13122 

I built a batch macro to do that.

In order to keep only some fields from each sheet, I used dynamic select within the batch macro to specify the fields I want to keep as shown below.

Emmanuel_G_0-1675419419088.png

Previously, each sheet contained 6 fields. And after the dynamic select to keep just 3 fields. I delete all others fields.

Emmanuel_G_1-1675419486605.png

And this is the workflow

Emmanuel_G_2-1675419507266.png

Find in attachement the package with macro, sample data. Let us know if it works as you want please.

Kate13122
7 - Meteor

@Emmanuel_G Thank you very very much. Resolved :) 

Emmanuel_G
13 - Pulsar

Pleasure is mine 😉

Labels