Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to export workflow with Full data (marco used)

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Dear Community,

I would like to ask how can we export all excel file in the Alteryx and save as yxzp format. Currently, i had used macro to run the workflow ( to capture different types of different excel format). The original local file and output of yzxp are different due to missing file in the yxzp.

Below is the screenshot of output for yzxp.

SH_94_1-1624147363902.png

Below is the screenshot of my local copy of file

SH_94_2-1624147431215.png

I am wondering if it is due to the macro format /setting that i used. In my workflow, i have used two workflow to run the data as per screenshot below:

First Macro

SH_94_3-1624147804530.png

Second Marco

SH_94_4-1624147861238.pngSH_94_5-1624147898743.png

May i know if anyone know how to fix the missing data when export ( with marco used). I not sure if the marco setting used is correct or not. Let me know if i need to upload the macro file used at here.

Appreciate if someone can advise me on this.

many thanks for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@SH_94 
I usually save every related files into one parent folder including the input files, the Macros.
Then use the option of insert Macro then we will have the relative path relation between main flow and macros.

With the export the flow as an alteryx flow package, it should work also fine if others run the received the alteryx flow package.

Untitled1A.png

SH_94
11 - Bolide

Hi @Qiu ,

I had tried your method and it does not work in my case.

May i know if it could be macro setting issue?

Thank you.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

without more information on the details of your macro (can you post screengrab of your formula tool?)- it's a bit hard.

One thing to check on:

can you confirm that the filenames with sheets that you are sending to the control parameter end in $' and have a |' before the sheet name? I can't see it in your formula tool and since you are doing a full replace both would need to be included in your control parameter when you update your input data via the batch macro.

Also - do you have your the union all records based upon name when schema are different set on interface designer for the macro which reads in the sheets with names.

Labels