Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to execute node on completion of data output node?

SideOfRanch
8 - Asteroid

I'd like to post a message to our Mattermost Channel (Slack) after completing a file load. However, I can't figure out how to add a node after an "in db" function that creates the final data table. Is there some way to monitor for the workflow to finish without error and then perform an node (e.g., curl command post to mattermost).

2 REPLIES 2
jamielaird
14 - Magnetar

Hi @SideOfRanch ,

There are a couple of options I can think of:

1. You can use a Workflow Event to trigger a command line event after workflow completion

jamielaird_0-1615320536294.png

2. You can use a "Block Until Done" tool to control the order of execution. One design approach I often use where I need to control the sequence of events, but don't actually need to pass any data to a downstream process, is to append a single field of data and then deselect the field in the Append tool. This has the effect of making your downstream process dependent on the completion of the upstream process, but doesn't change the data.

jamielaird_0-1615320742782.png

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

the easiest way to do this @SideOfRanch is to wrap this in a batch macro by adding a control-parameter.

Batch Macros pass on control to the next tool only once they have completed.

You can learn more about creating batch macros here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/Creating-a-Batch-Macro/ta-p/657923

Labels