Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to dynamically select columns and output to different sheets in same excel file

sridharthemass
7 - Meteor

Data 

rule_idserial_nocitycountryregionentity
145melbourneaustraliaAUSA1
146sydneyaustraliaAUSA1
178adelaideaustraliaAUSA1
133new yorkUSAUSA2
2889hong kongChinaCHB1
296melbourneaustraliaAUSB1
212sydneyaustraliaAUSC1

Metadata

rule_idfield name
1serial_no
1city
1country
2serial_no
2region
2city
2entity
2country

In the Ouput will contain an single excel file with different sheet names based on ruleid and its associated columns selected dynamically for the above input there will be two sheets with names '1' and '2'

Note the metadata and Data tabs columns will change dynamically

Can anyone help me in solving this using batch macro or any other feasible efficient solution

12 REPLIES 12
DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I'm using Alteryx 2021.2.1, probably a version control issue. I attached here the macro and the standard workflows.

All saved as relative paths, so should work.

You need to update the inputs' connection to the macro / or insert the macro to the workflows... either way should work.

Cheers,
Dawn

sridharthemass
7 - Meteor

Thanks a lot 🙂

DawnDuong
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hope it works for you.

The tools in the macro should work in alteryx 2019.xx as well... There is a thread somewhere in the community that show you can "manually edit" the version of the workflows via editing the text pad.

Cheers.

Dawn.

Labels