Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to dynamically save a file as the client and save it in the clients file?

Guccio-Gasparrini
7 - Meteor

Hi team,

I have a business requirement to create a workflow that dynamically renames files with the following structure "(today's month)-(today's year) [Client name]" then saves them into a folder specifically of the client's name. 

Unfortunately, the creation of such a workflow is beyond my abilities.

To reiterate this workflow would have to:

1) Dynamically update the file name by adding today's month and today's year at the beginning of it in the format MM-YY [file name/client]

2) Dynamically use the client name in the file name to save it in a folder with the same name

I attach an example file with an example workflow

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Guccio-Gasparrini ,

You need a few steps to get that done.

1. To get your excel filename - that you can do by configuring your input data tool as image below

fmvizcaino_0-1620159229262.png

2. Create a formula with the path + filename + extension + sheet. Engine workflow directory is getting the folder where your workflow is saved.

fmvizcaino_1-1620159272427.png

3. Use the created column as a filename - that you can do by configuring the output data tool as image below.Be aware that the clients folder must exist in order to work.

fmvizcaino_2-1620159345063.png

I'm also attaching an example here.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Guccio-Gasparrini
7 - Meteor

Thanks! This works!

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Glad to help!

Happy solving! 🙂