Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to dynamic output to multiple excel tabs based on a single column values?

wee
6 - Meteoroid

Hi all,

Apologies if this has been asked before as I could not find the correct answer or an example to this. 

Could you advise (with example if possible), how could I dynamically output into multiple tabs in 1 excel file? 

Example of Input: 

ID| Name | Customer_Type 

1  | MAX  |  VIP

2  | John  |  B2B

3  | Mark  |  VIP

4  | Sue   |  VIP

5  | Jane  |  LostContact

6  | Cindy | VVIP

Example of Output file (excel):

Sheet Name:

VIPB2BLostContactVVIP

ID| Name | Customer_Type 

1  | MAX  |  VIP

3  | Mark  |  VIP

4  | Sue   |  VIP

ID| Name | Customer_Type 

2  | John  |  B2B

ID| Name | Customer_Type 

5  | Jane  |  LostContact

ID| Name | Customer_Type 

6  | Cindy | VVIP

Right now, I have like 20++ customer types and I used the block until done and filter tools to "hardcode" the result. 

Question.png

However, I am expecting new customer type coming in. Therefore, is there a more efficient way to dynamically do this?

Thanks in advance. 

9 REPLIES 9
jasperlch
12 - Quasar

Hi, you can configure that inside the Output tool:

Capture1.PNG

vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

Using formula tool  right above your output tool you can do this..you just need to pass that field name in your output path.

"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\aaa.xls|||"+[FieldName]

and then in output config change the entire path by selecting the field you have created in formula tool.

Thanks,

Vishwa

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

Configure your 1 output tool like this:

capture.jpg

The key is at the bottom of the configuration....

Cheers,

Mark

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Srinsri
5 - Atom

Hi,

Sorry to reopen an old thread. I have a similar issue but the number of possible outputs I have is massive. Will take forever to build that many filters and output files. The catch is, I don't get that many possible outputs on a daily basis.

Example- possible field names that I want to convert into separate output sheets might be around 100. But on a daily basis I only get around 5 of these but cant know which ones. So how do I build it to output to separate sheets based on just the string in one field. 

Field 1Field 2
AApple
BApple
CCat
DDog

Need separate output sheets for Apple, Cat and Dog. Please note I will have 100 such possibilities. 

Regards,

Shen

[Edited]

Gina2021
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!!!!! This is awesome!

jkell
7 - Meteor

I have the same basic question as before, but wondering if instead of the output to multiple tabs overwriting the entire tab, if the tool can be configured to overwrite only specific ranges with in each tab (the same range for each tab).

lucasquintieri98
8 - Asteroid

Hello!

Did you manage to solve this?

I have never seen anything like it, so I don't really know where to start, I have a similar situation.

I've got a RecordID Column, with multiple IDs, and the amount of data isn't constant, so I might have 1 recordID, or 50... I would like to be able to export multiple sheets based on the ID.

Gumsmenezes
9 - Comet

Hi Lucas! Let me know if this works:

lucasquintieri98
8 - Asteroid

Hello my friend!

I had aleady figured it out on my own by the time you posted your suggestion, and I am proud to say that we thought of the exact same solution!
Using the RecordID tool to segregate each sheet and then configuring the Output Data tool based on that worked like a charm.

Thank you for your reply anyways.

Labels