Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to download Google Adwords data in Alteryx?

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

I am trying to dowload the Googele Adwords data in alteryx. Is there anyway to download Google Adwords data in Aleryx?

25 REPLIES 25
danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi,

You can use the download tool to get it through the API. That said it is a bit difficult since the authentiction is based on oAuth. I will hopefully publish a macro within the next couple of weeks, that can do the trick

Best regards,

Daniel

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

Thank you for the reply.

Do you have any tutorial for doing this.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

You are welcome.

I do not have a guide at the moment, but I will have soon. Is it urgent for you?

Best,

Daniel

puttarajud
7 - Meteor

Thank you for Time. I appreciate.

Yep, I need it bit urgently. I tried Radwords package in R, but it was not woking.

matthew_slaughter
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Daniel,

Have you made any progress on making an AdWords Macro?  I am good with the oAuth portion and getting the authentication token, however, I am not able to get the download tool to work.  I don't know if it is my XML in the payload, my headers, or what.

Thanks,
Matt

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Hi Matthew,

I had some rough weeks. I will get back at it on saturday. 

Best regards,

Daniel

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Daniel- an AdWords API macro would ve very useful for me as well.  Was exploring the API documentation and getting ready to start testing and building, but glad I decided to check the Alteryx community to fidn that you are already working on such a thing!

Would be happy to work with you and test out anything you develop.

danielbrun2
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

Gents,

I am very sory for the delay. Here is an example for a Adwords macro. It can indeed be more flexible, so please come with feedback for additions and wishes.

Best,

Daniel

dataMack
12 - Quasar

Thanks @danielbrun2for posting this- I'll give it a try later this week.

Since you seem to be tackling all things Google API related - have you worked at all with the DoubleClick (DCM/DFA) API?  I was thinking about building a macro to call the reporting API there (https://developers.google.com/doubleclick-advertisers/v2.6/reports) but figured I should see if you've solved that already.

Labels