Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to do two inputs for Batch Macro

zoeuno
7 - Meteor

Hi Everyone! I've been using Alteryx for a while but still pretty new to macros. I've created a workflow that I'd like to package to a macro and take two inputs. The two inputs will be two sheets in the main workflow but I don't know how to structure it within the macro workflow for it to do that. Currently I have the input set up like this and the main workflow shows "Error: Track TB Import (9): The Control Parameter "Control Parameter (62)" must be mapped to a field.". If I add a control parameter in the macro workflow, it doesn't allow me to link to the macro input and I don't know where else to link it. Can someone help me?

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

1 REPLY 1
GrahamL
8 - Asteroid

Hi there

The control parameter input is mandatory is you have one in your macro. But Control Parameters are not required for every type of macro so it depends on what your use case is. Are you able to confirm what you are attempting to put into the macro and/or post an example of the expected output?

Cheers

G

Labels