Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to do multiple conditions in Criteria Column

msubacha
5 - Atom

How to give multiple conditions in "Criteria" Column in "Choose a table or Query" of ODBC tables.

6 REPLIES 6
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @msubacha

Can you give me an example of what you're trying to do?

@LordNeilLord

Part time Tableau, Part Time Alteryx. Full Time Awesome

Data Lover

msubacha
5 - Atom

Thanks for asking. Under the "criteria", I would like to provide some supplier code that should be excluded from the query. ie., Not equal to ("ACCSE","ACCSA",HASTY","JUPTY");

Instead of filters used after data retrieval, I want the query to select only the records not equal to (!=)("ACCSE","ACCSA",HASTY","JUPTY");

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @msubacha

Under the criteria you can write:

Not In ('ACCSE','ACCSA','HASTY','JUPTY') like this:

Not In.PNG

Personally I find it easier to use the SQL editor where you can write it in easier:

Not In 2.PNG

I'm presuming this is a SQL table you're connecting to...other databases may have a slightly different syntax for writing "NOT IN"

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

msubacha
5 - Atom

Thanks. I think my mistake was I used double quotes instead single quote. Let me try and get back to you. Really appreciate your effort. I am having little knowledge in SQL. So I always write things or manually select. Thanks again.

LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

No worries,

Double Quotes signify a column name, signal quotes signify a value

@LordNeilLord

Data Lover

msubacha
5 - Atom

Thanks a lot. It worked well. Thanks again

Labels