Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to do contains function for multiple words contained within an email address?

dkim4
6 - Meteoroid

Is there a way to look for just a subset or even the entire word within an email address and for the contains function to catch it as true?

For example,

NameEmail address
California Kingabcd@CaliforniaWest.com
Super Mart

abcd@Supermercado.com

Chicken shack

abcd@chickplace.com

California King

abcd@smallking.com

In each of these incidents I want it to detect as true since line 1 has "California", line 2 contains "Super", line 3 contains "chick", and line 4 has "king" contained in the email address. 

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Perhaps something like this...?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dkim4 you would need to use a contain formula I have mocked up this example 

Flag_Contains.PNG

dkim4
6 - Meteoroid

I forgot to add that I have thousands of rows. This would be a very tedious process if I were to add thousands for formulas.

Any alternatives?

JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @dkim4 if you look at @PhilipMannering approach you would only need one formula if the words you are searching for are in your name column.

dkim4
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks @JS420 Unfortunately, I can't open his workflow due to an older version I am running.

Hicham_Alteryx
5 - Atom

I need an Alteryx formula something like this IF CONTAINS([FT_FDBCK_TOP_REG_CAT_TYPE_TX],"American","ADA","Deaf","Disable","blind") then 1 else 0 endif

But the the Contains function only allows for one word... is there a formula where you can list as many words as you would like to return if it's true or false. Thank you!

Ben_H
11 - Bolide

Hi @Hicham_Alteryx,

You might want to create a new thread for your question to make sure it gets answered.

Regards,

Ben

Christina_H
14 - Magnetar

Try using RegEx.  For the example in the main thread: REGEX_Match([Email address], ".*(California|super|chick|king).*")

Labels