Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to do an "In-between" lookup

Nismodr
5 - Atom

Hello all. I'm stuck on a problem, and hoping someone can help me out. I have a large csv file that I am trying to join to an xlsx. In the xlsx I have an ID number. In the csv I have a lower range of id numbers in one column, and an upper range of id numbers in the next column. I need to join the files where the xlsx id is in between the csv lower and upper columns. For example:

csvLowerNum   csvUpperNum   xlsxId
1             10            5    

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3
neilgallen
12 - Quasar

@Nismodr there are a number of different ways to accomplish this. Can you possibly provide either the source files or a sample of the source files? That's the best way to get the simplest solution for you.

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

@Nismodr take a look at the 1st weekly challenge and some of the responses here.

It's basically the same problem as what you have identified.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Weekly-Challenge/Challenge-1-Join-to-Range/td-p/36621

Ben

Nismodr
5 - Atom

Awesome, I should be able to figure it out the rest of the way from here. Thanks!

Labels