Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to do Loop operation in Alteryx Designer

Falah
5 - Atom

Hello team,

I am accessing SAP HR system to get all sub organizations codes under a given Organization code, this achieved by accessing SAP HR table HRP1001, and loop for the organization with Relationship Specification eq B ( top down) and  Relationship Between Objects is 002 (Reports (line) to), then I get all the output Org codes and pass it again to the same table and with same relation, this is how I get the SAP Org cods manually, I know there is SAP report will do the same objective, but snice I am working with Alteryx workflow and has SAP HR connection to the table level, I would like to perform the looping operation, any one have idea how to perform it thru Alteryx workflow. I appreciate sharing :)

Thank you, Falah 

3 REPLIES 3
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hello @Falah, you can try using generate rows tool for your workflow. Please go through the examples of the tool once to figure out if it fits your requirement.

Thanks!

Sapna Gupta
Falah
5 - Atom

Thanks Sapna, I was looking for straight way to have loop function, 

again thanks for your suggestion.

KilianL
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Falah ,

in general, loops in Alteryx can be created using Macros. If you are familiar with for-loops or while-loops in programming languages, these are similar to the Alteryx Batch Macro and Iterative Macro respectively. You can take a look here: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Macros

Let us know if this helps and mark this post as a solution if it does! :)

Kind Regards,
Kilian
Solutions Engineer - Alteryx

Labels